Tuesday, March 1, 2016

New Video: Task & Await Recorded at NDC London 2016

As mentioned previously, I had an awesome time at NDC London back in January. One great thing about NDC is that they record the sessions and make them available. Today, the recording of my session was posted.
I’ll Get Back to You: Task, Await, and Asynchronous Methods in C# - Jeremy Clark
There's a lot of confusion about async/await, Task/TPL, and asynchronous and parallel programming in general. So let's start with the basics and look at how we can consume asynchronous methods using Task and then see how the "await" operator can makes things easier for us. Along the way, we’ll look at continuations, cancellation, and exception handling.
Watch it on Vimeo: I'll Get Back to You.

Or watch it here:


Slides and code samples are available here: Session Materials: I'll Get Back to You.

This has become one of my more popular topics this year. And I've had a great response. Here are some of the comments from the Twitterverse from NDC London:










The total count on the evaluation cards: 157 Green, 7 Yellow, and 0 Red.

Look for Your Chance
If you'd like to see this presentation LIVE, be sure to check out my speaking schedule. You can see my upcoming confirmed events on my homepage: www.jeremybytes.com. I have several proposals out there, so be sure to check back for updates as events are confirmed.

If you're in California, I'll be at user groups in Los Angeles, Berkeley, and Fresno over the next 6 weeks. And I'll also be presenting this topic at KCDC in June.

And, of course, I have lots of other topics that I love to talk about. I hope to see you at an event soon!

Happy Coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment