Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Microsoft MVP Award 2015

I was honored with the Microsoft MVP award again this year. As you can see from the picture, this is the 4th time I've been awarded.

The Microsoft MVP award is a way that Microsoft recognizes people who contribute to the community -- whether through answering forum questions, speaking at developer events, writing technical blogs, producing videos, running events, contributing to open source projects, or many other ways.

My passion is making developers better. One of my primary outlets for that is speaking. So far this year, I've given 44 presentations at 27 events. If you haven't figured it out yet, I enjoy this quite a bit.

In addition, I've produced 10 videos for my YouTube channel on Clean Code, Lambda Expressions & LINQ, and Task & Await. I've been sharing lots of stuff on my blog as well -- 73 articles so far this year, and hopefully mostly useful content. And I've got some more cool things planned before the end of the year.

I'm doing what I'm doing because I love to do it. It's a great bonus to get recognized by Microsoft for my contributions. This also gives me the chance to associate closely with other Microsoft MVPs -- a great community of smart and friendly people who share their expertise with other people.

Share what you know with other developers. This is how we all learn, and how we grow stronger as a community.

Happy Coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment